Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beauty Night Out wasn't so beautiful

What young, beautiful, hip, and savvy metro area girl wouldn't be excited about manicures, facials, shopping and cocktails on hump day? I sure was! But my excitement quickly deflated once I got my (over $2,000 worth NOT) goodie bag. The event was marketed for weeks as the beauty event of the season when in fact there were only about 4 "beauty" vendors present and they weren't actually all that beautiful. The other 10 or so vendors where local designers selling their ridiculous looking and priced home grown designs. The cocktails weren't very good and neither were the crepes. I was just going to keep this complaint to myself but after reading the cover of the New Beauty magazine that was in our bag only to discover the issue was from Fall/Winter 2007 I had to let out my anger! How dare they charge us $25 for this expired crap! SIN is supposed to be a reputable DC PR agency. Guess not.

No comments: